Monday, March 18, 2013

Force!!!!

hey girls!!
Hope all of you had a great week training with coach charlie!  This week we will be going over the clean again as well as front squatting so be prepared!!
Please remember to wear the appropriate clothes even though its starting to get warm outside!  Rules are rules.  If the dress code is broken you wont train until you come back in the appropriate clothes.

On a brighter note,  how was everyones weekend?!?!  did you have a great saint patricks day!?  Anyone have an awesome game this weekend??

Girls please make sure you are continuing to stretch and practice your lifts!

Some fun news!!  next week we will be getting two guest speakers from southern california who are world class crossfit athletes as well as previous division 1 college volleyball players so please please come.  it will be super beneficial and wayyyyy fun!

alright girls remember to post something on here about what you learned from the clean last week so i know you have checked the website!

see you all later!


-coach tim!

http://youtu.be/6O4fXFmQoX4

if the link doesnt work, highlight it and cut and paste into your search engine

16 comments:

  1. Hey I learned to keep thrust my arms back and keep all of my weight on my heels when I scoop the bar.

    Kaitlyn Foster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that you need to jump and have quick elbows.--- Candice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I earned shoulder shrug and scoop and high elbows. ~~ Sydra ( she had to use my phone cuz she she couldn't log in through her phone)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that you have to have a certain grip on the bar and that you have to be quick so that you can avoid injuries. -Fatima Khan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i learned you need to have a big shrug and that you can release the hook grip when you have the bar at you=r shoulders. -Taylor Hensleigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned about the hook grip and its importance during the clean.
    I also learned abou the weight o the toes.
    -Kenzie Belden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned that on the clean you need to have a hook grip. Also that you have a slight jump and a big shrug before snapping the bar up to your shoulders. Also that when jumping you need to keep your weight on your heels and after snapping the bar up to your shoulders you need to make sure you keep your elbows high.

    - Lauren Smith (16 Black)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned that you need to have a quick jump and fast elbows
    -Olivia Prince

    ReplyDelete
  9. i learned you have to have a good grip, quick jump, weight on your heels (you should be able to wiggle your toes) and keep your elbows high. 14 GOLD
    (: Xavionna Bryant-Davis :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned the hook grip and to shrug your shoulders when doing the Clean.
    -Mackayla Olidan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned that you should always keep your elbows up high or you could hurt your wrists
    -Deziree McKee 14 blue

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is important to keep the bar high on your shoulders. When you dip, your hands need to stay relaxed.
    -Coach Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learned to shrug my shoulders and have a mixed grip
    -Justis Bowers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was not there that week but i watched the Youtube video and i learned to have a quick jump and shrug my shoulders.
    -Emma Siu 16 Black aka 16 Blue

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learned that you have to jump, shrug, and pull when doing the clean. I learned that you must use the hook grip as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was not there that week but my friend told me to keep my elbows high and start below the knees.

    -Hannah Stevenson 14 Blue

    ReplyDelete